Sunday, February 28, 2016

Do not dither on the endorsement of Wizards...

...for this is the Klan and you should be quick to distance yourself. I suppose I've been going to the Donald Trump well a lot lately, but for real, did you see this thing about how he's refusing to disavow his recent endorsement from David Duke, noted racist shithead and former Grand Wizard of the KK fucking K?
I really wish the KKK would stop calling their leaders 'wizards.'
Wizards are awesome, lightning-bolt throwing wise men with excellent
beards and access to arcane magicks, not racist dick-holes still bitter about
having their asses handed to them in the War of Northern Aggression. 
Mr. Duke went on to call for a ban on
Americans eating ethnically incongruous
take-out food because he's ridiculous.
Yikes, right? Where to begin? Duke endorsed Donald Trump last week in the most crazy, white supremacist way possible by suggesting that white people who don't vote for Trump would be committing '... treason to [their] heritage.' Ok, sounds like something a racist would come up with, no surprises there, but the weird part is that when the Anti-Defamation League asked him come out against racism, Trump dithered. Dithered! About racism! Can you believe it?

In an interview with CNN's Jack Tapper in which he was asked to unequivocally condemn endorsements from white supremacists Trump said:

Um, he used to run the Ku Klux Klan,
and he's telling people to vote for you,
do you really need a map here?
"Well, just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke okay, I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with the white supremacy or white supremacists, so I don't know, I mean, I don't know, did he endorse me? Or, what's going on, because you know, I know nothing about David Duke, I know nothing about white supremacists and so you're asking me a question about-I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about."

-Donald Trump, apparently
just waking up from a nap

Unfair? Maybe, but check out crazy
eyes there and tell me these people
are thinking clearly about this.
Holy shit, this is the easiest issue in American politics for any presidential candidate to come down on: "Donald Trump, are you for or against the Ku Klux Klan?" The answer is "Yes Jack Tapper, of course I am against racism. I may be a Islamophobic, misogynist, lunatic but if there's one thing that all Americans, be they liberals, conservatives or the idiotic disengaged masses that make up my supporters, can agree on it's that the Klan is a bad thing." But instead he said he needed to do some research first. Yes, research.

"We just got the test results back
and yes, racism is bad Donald."

-Some Researchers
"Well I have to look at the group, I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about. You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about, I'd have to look. If you would send me a list of groups I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow If I thought there was something wrong. But you might have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair so give me a list of groups and I'll let you know."

-Another measured, thought-out,
response from Donald Trump

Just so we're clear, Donald 'Let's ban all Muslims' Trump needs some time to investigate hate groups to make sure he's only condemning the bad white supremacists because to do otherwise would be unfair...you know, to racists.
 "Who knows? You might have some good racist groups on that list...
groups that plant trees or run soup kitchens for homeless racists. We
 should be even-handed here. Everyone knows I'm very even-handed." 
-Donald Trump, not a 
real quote, but c'mon

No comments:

Post a Comment