Friday, January 13, 2012

Sweet mother of awesome.

Yeah, you heard me, sweet mother of awesome. HD TNG. That amigos, is acronym-speak for High-Definition Star Trek The Next Generation. Here's a link to the EW story and there's video. Click on it to see Gropler Zorn get his well-deserved comeuppance in sparkling HD. Not to mention an intimate moment between two giant space jellyfish.

Bow-chicka-wow-wow.
Got a 134 hours and a couch? 
Catch up. 
Later this month, a remastered 'sampler' is coming out and because I'm a nerd, I'll be shelling out $15 for three episodes of 25 year old TV show I've already got on DVD and have seen so often it's committed to memory. A TV show that is available in its entirety on Netflix, instant Netflix. Like you could be watching it right now. And later this year when the full first season comes out I'll probably be handing over another $100+ for that. Yup, I'm an idiot.

'Locutus, wonkee chee sa
cripo con Starfleet?'

So in light of my idiocy, if someone from CBS happens across this blog I'm hoping you can do me a solid. As I've already mentioned, you've basically already got my money and since you'll going to be giving TNG a little zshuge (if you know how to spell it, I'd love to hear it) anyway, I have a request. It's nothing huge, I'm not talking about throwing Jabba the Hutt into 'The Best of Both Worlds' or anything, just a little quibble that's totally been bugging me for like a quarter of a century.


Could someone please, please do something about the blob on Tasha Yar's face? Remember? Denise Crosby (aka lieutenant Yar) decided to pursue a movie career and left towards the end of season 1. Sounds crazy but I guess no one knew TNG would go on for like 7 seasons, three spin-offs and four movies.
'I dunno Denise, this Star Trek thing's got maybe a year or two at best then you'll be
doing conventions the rest of your life. Now Pet Cemetery, there's a franchise with legs.'
-Denise Crosby's agent, spring of 1988
'Nurse, I need 50 cc's of-wait, what
the shit is this thing on her face?'

-Dr. Crusher
Anyway, rather than just have her character hop a shuttlecraft and 'go teach at the academy' or something, the producers decided (Spoiler alert!) that Tasha should be murdered by evil sentient tar. Sigh. So tar creature blasts Yar with a blast of psychic tar power which not only hurls her across an unconvincing soundstage, but also leaves this crazy red blurb on her face. Maybe it's supposed to be blood or a bruise or something but it's seriously terrible. Like look at that thing. What is that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment