Thursday, October 20, 2011

Red Tie Vs. Blue Tie

Does anyone else think Mitt Romney and Rick Perry kind of look alike? Like, I think their staffs called each other to negotiate which one would wear which tie so the viewers at home could tell them apart.
Appearances aside they couldn't be more different: Romney thinks gay people are being punished by God,
whereas Perry thinks gays are a punishment from God. See? They're the Big Tent party.
"Remember the good 'ol days 
when we could own people?"
-State Sen. Stacey Campfield

Um, anyway, in the interest of fairness, I'm going to say up front that I haven't watched any of the GOP debates, and I have no intention of watching any in the future. Also, I should probably be clear that I'll not be voting for either of these two guys, or any other Republican. I can't, even if a decent one comes along. Sure, that probably makes me sound close-minded, but until the party drops the racismhomophobiasexismhypocritical religious posturinggun fixation and crap notion that corporations have our best interests in mind I don't care what they have to say. 

Who knows? Maybe basing our tax
code on video games
 is a great idea. 
It's a shame too, because it's entirely possible that somewhere buried under all the fake piety and redstate pandering one of them might have the solution to the faltering economy or unemployment or world peace. But we'll never know because they won't shut up about how gays are ruining marriage or how poor people need to quit being so poor. I mean, Republicans aren't all evil. And they're clearly smart enough to "win" elections, (yeah, I'm still bitter). I guess I just wish there was a way we could harness the good parts without all the right-wing crazy and blind hatred.

Wouldn't it be wild if Michelle Bachman finally took her
medication and came up with cold fusion or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment