Monday, June 27, 2011

Everybody loves a parade! (Except Newt Gingrich)

Surprisingly, this isn't even a picture
of the Pride Parade, this is just a typical
Sunday in San Francisco.
Hey everyone, Newt Gingrich has an opinion about New York's shiny new marriage equality bill! Apparently we, as a nation, are '...drifting toward a terrible muddle' by giving gays and lesbians equal marriage rights. I don't know what a 'terrible muddle' is, but I can't think of anyone more qualified to pass judgement on other people's marriages than Newt Gingrich. After all, he's had three of them. He's like a tripple expert! He must also be an affair expert, because he's had a few of those too. One was even going on while he was leading an angry mob of morally outraged Republicans in an investigation of Bill Clinton's affair. Classy!


"I firmly believe that a marriage is between a man, a woman and
however many mistresses are allowed in the bible. Three? I think it's three."

-Newt Gingrich, Congressman and moral compass

Any-who, some friends and I went to San Francisco Pride yesterday and for once I remembered my camera, so sit back and feign interest as I walk you through the 21st century equivalent of vacation slides!

Where are these people when
I go to the movies?

So first was the parade. We got there pretty early and were fortunate enough to find a family of short people to stand behind. The parade was pretty much what you'd expect: floats, people marching, gay cops. We also saw a lot of 'I love New York' signs in celebration of the new bill. I guess they hadn't heard about the 'terrible muddle.'





Here's a lovely young family who, I'm sure, totally give a shit about what an elderly,
adulterous Republican thinks of their relationship.

This guy was actually on his way to the set of Mad Max 4 when he got swept up in the parade.

On a side note, I would like to talk to the good people at Sony about how my digital camera requires between 5-15 seconds between button-press and picture-take. Thanks camera, there's nothing quite like capturing the moment several seconds after something interesting happened.

Hey look, there's the side of Chaz Bono's head!

Chaz's right side wasn't the only celebrity:

There was Olympia Dukakis and an angry bodyguard.

Even Louis XIV's blurry corpse
was on hand!
Queen Elizabeth II. You'd think they'd
 give her a car or something...








After the parade, a crowd consisting of (and this is an estimate) eighteen billion people, gathered at the Civic Center for post-parade festivities including:

Not being able to find anyone
you came in with,
and waving your arms rhythmically to
music someone plays off a laptop.













Then there was this precarious scaffolding that drunk people climbed.
Because if there are two things that go together, it's booze and construction sites. 

So yeah, that was SF Pride 2011. It was quite a thing, thanks for checking out my pics. I'm sure it was just as exciting as being there, in my living room, while I make you look at pictures of people you never met doing things you weren't around for. Oh and in the interest of full disclosure, Newt Gingrich probably didn't give the quote I attributed to him above. That said, seriously? He's harping on other people's marriage? What a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment