Friday, October 21, 2011

Mid-to-Late October is Star Trek Awareness Fortnight!

The future's so bright
she's gotta wear lycra.
I'm declaring mid-to-late October to be Star Trek Awareness Fortnight. Why am I doing this? I'm glad you asked. I think it's important to raise awareness of Star Trek, but almost every post I have written this month is in some way Trek-related. That's a lot, even for me. The thing is, I don't want to give the impression that I'm some kind of super-obscesed fan, I mean I don't have Spock ears or wear a Starfleet uniform to jury duty (remember her?) or anything like that. Really. I don't have a problem...

It's a fort. At night.
Yeah, I go for the cheap ones.
Now, you may be thinking to yourself that this is already Breast Cancer Awareness Month and you would be correct. Obviously fighting cancer is way more important than TV, so go to this website right now. Back yet? Great. So you're also probably wondering why a fortnight? Goddamn you ask a lot of questions. Well, it's mostly because it's an obscure term meaning two weeks. This way, when we tell people it's Star Trek Awareness Fortnight, they'll be all: "What the hell's a fortnight?" And if there's one thing we nerds love to do, it's know things other people don't.

Speaking of obscure facts: did you know that the late Chris Latta a.k.a. Chris Collins a.k.a. Starscream, a.k.a. Cobra Commander was also the original voice of Mr. Burns on The Simpsons? Yeah, cram that into your obscure knowledge hole.

Did I just 'esplode your mind? Thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment