Friday, October 19, 2012

Maybe it's a medical condition?

Yeah, I know I said I'd lay off of them for a day but holy shit. While I'm sure we need to do further research on the subject, I'm going to go ahead and say that Republicans are biologically incapable of hearing themselves talk. Behold:
"Now it's a war on women; tomorrow it's going to be a war on left-handed Irishmen."
-GOP Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan,
not helping

"No, you can't."
-Republicans
So he said and so it was tweeted by an ABC reporter at a GOP fundraiser in Florida. Ok, look, I know Republicans aren't waging a war on women. They're not, that's ridiculous. Yes, it's true that they don't, as a party, trust half of the planet's population to make decisions about their own bodies and lives, and they're pretty sure that women don't need to get paid as much as men, but that's not really a war, just a general effort designed to roll back equal rights and relegate women to second-class status in the name of traditional values. It's more like they declared 'fuck you' on women.



"Pffft...rape victims...am I right
fellas? I mean, c'mon."

-Paul Akin, who still has his job 
I think part of the problem is that they don't know what the hell they're talking about. Remember when Todd Akin opened his GOP-hole about victims of rape having the miraculous power to not get pregnant unless they were secretly into it? Or more recently when Illinois Representative Joe Walsh waxed stupid about how women don't die in childbirth anymore thanks to science and that's why abortion should be illegal without exception. Amazing! But do comments like these mean Republicans hate women? 

Eh. I don't know. I think so, but I could be misjudging them. Maybe they just don't realize how sexist they sound or maybe they just genuinely just can't hear what they're saying most of the time. It's kind of like how Paul Ryan just used the term 'Irishmen.' I mean, who the hell says Irishmen anymore?
Above: Irishmen, on their way to a bar...most likely (source: Racism).

No comments:

Post a Comment