Tuesday, April 26, 2011

No Cookies.

This is all the gays fault!
So jerks with a lot of time on their hands and nothing to do until they get raptured next month have filed a motion to un-throw-out Prop 8 on the grounds that Judge Vaughn Walker (the Federal Judge who threw it out for being unconstitutional and you know, wrong) is gay. They feel that someone explicitly discriminated against by a discriminatory law shouldn't be allowed hear the case because that would be unfair to people who want to discriminate. With me so far?


Asshole= This guy + Sign
Yeah, people whose lives would be in no way affected by gay people getting married are upset that a gay Judge threw out their legislative hate crime. Well tough shit. He threw it out because we have a legal and secular institution that is being denied to millions of Americans because some people have a religious objection. Prop 8 was wrong, just like banning interracial marriage was wrong. Anyone still fighting to use the courts to rob people of their civil liberties is wrong. I'm not trying to be closed minded here, but believing in equality doesn't mean you have to pretend these people have a point. 


Cookie Monster gets it.
What? I like Cookie Monster?
Look, oatmeal cookies are my favorite cookie. Not oatmeal raisin, just oatmeal. When I make them (yeah, I bake, what of it?) people are like: "These are ok, but where are the raisins?" So I'm all: "I prefer plain oatmeal cookies." My cookies don't cheapen the experience of raisined cookies, they don't harm anyone, and if you only eat oatmeal raisin cookies, I'm not going to force you to try mine. See where I'm going with this? There's no need to organize anti-cookie legislation to define cookies as the union of oatmeal and raisins. There's room for all kinds of cookies. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you support Prop 8 you're an ignorant bigot and you don't get any cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment