Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Greatest Injustice Ever!

Sure, the bedsheets contain a crime lab
of DNA samples, but you do get HBO.
Yeah, so there's a TV show based on George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones that aired Sunday night on cable and I, despite living in 2011, can't watch it. No, my house didn't burn down and no, I'm not Amish. You see, I don't have cable much less HBO because 99.9% of all the stuff worth watching on television is available online. Game of Thrones which, according to reviews and my fellow nerds, is awesome, is part of that one percent. What the crap is that?


Fun Fact: FCC regulations require
20% of cable air time be devoted
 to Law and Order spin-offs.

Why in the Seven Hells isn't GOT (Game of Thrones...duh) on iTunes or something? I get that they don't want to just give it away, after all decent British accents aren't cheap, but I'm willing to hand over some copper pieces. The problem is that it's not even an option, it's only on cable. Why should I have to pay for 120 channels of crap I don't care about to watch one show? Well, the obvious answer is, I don't, I mean, no one's going to hold a gun to my head, just sucks is all...


$60 for half of season 2?
Cylons had a plan alright...
I guess we're sort of spoiled by the internet. It used to be that if there was something you wanted to watch, you had to plan around the TV schedule. Sure you could tape it, but there was always a slight (definite) chance that the VCR would be set to the wrong channel, or a football game would run late. Often, you were shit out of luck until re-runs happened. Now if there's something you want to watch, you can just stream it or download it or something. Did you miss Dancing with the Stars this week? No problem. Spartacus? Here ya go. Hope you didn't spring for the Battlestar box sets, 'cause here they are for free. In a world where you can have almost anything you want to watch beamed into your computer or TV or phone whenever, having to wait a few months is infuriating. Man, the 21st century has completely eroded my patience. Thanks internet, you douche bag...


Yeah, I know I could download it via some kind of torrent thing the kids are always talking about but I actually do support intellectual copyright and all that good stuff. I just want to watch Starks and Lannisters murder each other for 52 minutes each week. That's all. I don't need Cakeboss, or that show about people who didn't know they were pregnant, just Game of Thrones, and maybe Mad Men if that ever comes back...oh, and The Soup. Why can't I watch The Soup online? And what's that show with the...oh, god damnit Comcast...


I just got an idea for a crossover! And I'm willing to exchange the rights to it for free cable, any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment