Sunday, June 21, 2020

It's German for this exact feeling.

Is it schadenfreude if I'm taking pleasure in the failure of a jerk? I ask because attendance at the President's first campaign rally since the pandemic was like, super low and, well, it filled that void in my chest where a heart would be with-whatta you call it? Hope?
Pictured: The smartest idiot in dumbsville.
Pictured: swaths.
The rally in Tulsa Oklahoma was held over the objections of local health officials and saw vast swaths of unfilled seats. Could it be that this is a sign that people are finally, finally seeing Donald Trump for what he is, or was it just his supporters staying away from a needlessly high-risk environment? Whichever it is, I am delighted to see him disappointed and herein lies my dilemma. Does that make me a bad person? To delight in another's misery?

Above: this.
Probably. And I'm probably worse for loving the fact that he had to cancel his remarks outside the BOK center because it simply wouldn't do to address the dozen or so people in the overflow section. Oh, and the urgent text to supporters from the campaign just two hours before the rally began telling them that "There's still space!" Chef's kiss. But the flailing response from the campaign is just icing on this layer cake of schadenfreude. Sorry, mixed metaphor...um, et's say the sriracha on these roasted Brussels sprouts...of schadenfreude.

"He's got us there. I mean, we just hate
America. And freedom. Oh, and the flag."
-Joe Biden
Ok, I'm a monster. But in my defense, the President's unhinged ramblings did include nonsense like this:

"If the Democrats gain power, then the rioters will be in charge and no one will be safe and no one will have control...Joe Biden is not the leader of his party. Joe Biden is a helpless puppet of the radical left."

-Donald Trump-without a hint of 
irony, on how a Biden presidency 
will result in chaos in the streets

In addition to outing the left as the America hating anarchists we are, Trump also called for reducing the number of coronavirus tests because when you test for COVID-19 you find more cases. Which is an insane argument. Did I mention that he called it "kung-flu"?
Because racism.
Just so we're clear, the Confederacy
fought for the right to own humans and
literally tried to destroy America.
Speaking of racism:

"The unhinged leftwing mob is trying to vandalize our history, desecrating our monuments, our beautiful monuments, tear down our statues and punish, cancel and persecute anyone who does not confirm to their demands for absolute and total control..."

-Trump leaping to the defense
of the Confederacy? I guess?

Ok, well, maybe I am taking shameful joy in the Tulsa rally's humiliating turn out, but in my defense, he is a racist, misogynistic goon running on a platform of anti-anti-facism, which is actually fascism, so in many ways, I don't care. 
Pass the pretzels, because I am leaning in to schadenfreude.

No comments:

Post a Comment