Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Everything's coming up Milhous!

I mean that in the sense of Richard Milhous this guy:
Pictured: Suddenly only our second most disgraced President.
Fine, a crowd of hundreds, seriously
though, you need to pick your battles.
Look, I think I speak for a lot of us, say at least 65,884,610 of us, when I say that I was probably never going to give Trump a fair shake. And I don't think that's unreasonable given that it would mean somehow pretending that the guy who made up that bullshit about Obama being from Kenya, laughed about sexually assaulting women and who made locking up his political rival a campaign slogan, was not indeed the same guy that was sworn in before a crowd of dozens last January.

"I don't want to say I told you so, but..."
-The person we actually
elected Presi-oh nevemind
Really from day one, there was no way we were just going to throw up our hands and say 'welp, the people have spoken.' We did speak of course, it's just that we got Trump anyway. Couple that with four months of aggressively bad cabinet appointments, threatening people on Twitter and the thing with Russia accreting damning evidence like a Katamari Damacy comprised entirely of political shitstorm and I don't understand how anyone, not even the dopes who voted for him, can continue to support him.

So the slow, painful slog it is then?
I don't think anyone knows if this is the beginning of the end or just the beginning of a long, slow painful slog through political vitriol and divisiveness that can only end in President Pence who, being Trump's running mate would seem to be tied up in this as well, but I do know that we really can't go on like this. Someone's got to fix this and thanks to the same preposterous electoral system and gerrymandered districts that got us into this mess, it's on the GOP leadership to get on board.

So I hope you'll join me in asking the (I assume ironically named at this point) party of Lincoln to get up off their values-voter pandering asses, put misplaced loyalty aside for the good of the country and do something about this ridiculous Twitter-happy game show monkey they've loosed upon the world. Oh, and no, I'm not sorry about the 'dopes' comment. Not one bit.
I mean they are, objectively speaking, dopes. Like look at this dope (above).

No comments:

Post a Comment