Sunday, December 4, 2016

Oh, and one more thing...

You know, I'm actually not done harping on this Donald Trump/Saturday Night Live/Twitter thing. Yes, I know I just blogged about this and I really am sick of talking about him but it occurs to me that in the day and a half since dozens of people were killed in a fire at a warehouse party in Oakland, Trump hasn't even mentioned it.
Above: just a picture of some adorable animals.
It's how I cope with terrible things. Expect to see
a lot of these in the coming months and years...
To be clear, Alec Baldwin being mean to
you doesn't qualify as a national tragedy.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I went to his Twitter feed and scrolled back. I see a thing about how awesome his tax cuts are going to be for rich people, a retweet of something Tiger Woods said and, of course, that thing about SNL, but nothing about the fire. No condolences for the victims' families, no my thoughts and prayers are with you. Nothing. Did I miss it? Like, I don't want to tell him how to run his Twitter account, but hasn't it become kind of traditional for public figures, particularly those about to assume high office, to offer support and reassurance in the face of calamity?

I suppose we're asking a lot if we look to Donald Trump to act presidential, it's just that I wish we could at least expect him to be a person. So anyway, let's all express our condolences to the families of the victims and send some thoughts, prayers, good vibes or whatever you've got their way. You know, because it's what people do.
Pictured: Donald Trump's Twitter Page.
Not pictured: a shred of human compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment