Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why yes, I did enjoy Burmingham.

Thanks to a free bike, borrowed tent and a ticket purchased way back before I went so deeply broke (thanks economy!), I managed to make the trek into the desert for Burning Man this year. It was a blast and I met some truly rad people. I also took a ton of photos but most came out blurry. This is because after three years I still haven't bothered to figure out all of my camera's settings.

If pirates enjoyed house music and operated miles from the sea,
it would look something like Burning Man.
This year the Man was positioned sort of mid-stride, kind of like 'Walk'
on a Walk/Don't Walk sign.
This is a life-sized Trojan Horse being burned.
Why the people of Troy never thought of this, I will never know.
Here are the smoldering remains of the horse. They're hard to make out but
there're plenty of jackasses like me going in for a closer look. 
Wakka wakka wakka...there be nerds here!
The Sandworms were pretty brutal this year.*
Jellyfish!
These are some of the delightful people I camped with.
Incidentally, the entire event suffered from a crippling couch shortage.
This is either dawn or dusk, I had no idea then and I have no idea now.
Truer words were never scrawled on the side of a porta-potty.
I did the math and figured that I averaged about 1 to 2 hours of sleep per night.

*may not have actually happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment