Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Carl Paladino is a Gaycist

I unequivocally don't
not dis-unlike the gays...not."
Hey, you know who sucks? This guy. Carl Paladino. He's running for Governor of my home state of New York and he said the following on the god-damned Today Show:

"My feelings on homosexuality are unequivocal: I have absolutely no problem with it whatsoever. My only reservation is marriage, that's the only reservation I have." 


"I'm not a racist, I just think that
I'm better than, and should
be able to own, non-whites."

-The guy on the $20 bill


Seriously, watch this interview. Leaving aside the fact that first he says he has, unequivocally, absolutely no problem with homosexuality and then goes on to equivocate not one sentence later, does this guy think we're idiots? He can barely keep himself from throwing up while describing (in hilarious detail) the gay pride parade he 'accidentally' went to (wah?) with his wife and he expects us to think it's the marriage thing that bothers him? It's not so much the sodomy, it's the desire to pick out a china pattern? He's not anti-gay, he just thinks gays are inferior and unworthy of the same rights as everybody else. Look, I'm just going to say it: being against marriage equality is being anti-gay. It's like saying: "I'm not a sexist. I just don't think women should be able to vote." 


The best part of the interview by far is right after he exploits his gay nephew and then mumbles something about how the media twisted his words when he goes on to clinch the jackass trifecta by actually managing to blame the Jews. 
Homophobia and anti-semitism in a single rant.
Ball's in your court Gibson

Yup. After making a series of hate-filled homophobic comments, the man who wants to be Governor of the State of New York, including New York City blames the Jewish group he went to speak to on Sunday for making him say that crap. Carl Paladino: Political Genius.
What could possibly...
...go wrong?












Oh, and that crap he said that brought his douchebaggery to light in the first place? Here it is yoinked from this article:


"I just think my children and your children would be much better off and much more successful getting married and raising a family, and I don't want them brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is an equally valid and successful option -- it isn't."


Yeah, speaking of children, isn't it a little insensitive of this guy to be making these comments now? Well, I'm willing to bet that pretty much everything this man has ever said in his life has been the opposite of sensitive, but given recent events his line of bullshit is even more appalling. I wonder if he's even aware of the role that comments like his play in perpetuating the culture of marginalization and hatred that weighs so heavily on the lives of so many people, kids and adults alike. So, bravo Carl Paladino, you are a social problem.


p.s. Does anyone else think Carl Paladino looks like a smug and joyless version of Alan Alda? Sort of an Anti-Alda? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

2 comments:

  1. Anal sodomy? For a really big surprise, google The First Scandal Adam and Eve. Then click once or twice to get the surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a gay man living in the state of New York I am embarassed that the repubs cant come up with a better option. This guy is a F'in A'hole... I DO NOT ACCEPT this mans appology and wish him luck with his LANDSLIDE LOSS!!! I am as far as I can tell a successfull MAN who is now MARRIED to another MAN after being with him for nearly 7 years... I grew up in a CONSERV REPUB Family in the 80's and wasn't exposed to HOMOSEXUALITY and STILL AM GAY!!! Even with mainstream media putting it out there more I do not believe its going to swing a person either way, I do however believe that it makes it easier for them to come out. Its not like I got married to a woman, had some kids, and was on the D.L. like SO MANY guys are and do out there (I know a few). He needs to DROP OUT and GET WITH IT!!!

    ReplyDelete