Sunday, January 9, 2022

It's not even noon, and I'm already salty.

Um...what if people didn’t have to do either? I mean, wouldn't that be ideal? I mention it because--huh? Oh, right. I'm talking about this tweet from the Texas GOP:
From the people who brought you
"bounties on women seeking abortions."
Pictured: noted monster Alexandra Ocasio-
Cortez, seen here probably suggesting that we
let poor people have health care or something.
And I mean, fuck the Texas GOP, amiright? Like, is this honestly their rationalization for their strategy of closing polling places in Democratic-leaning areas? "This sucks, so why not make voting suck too?" Am I crazy for thinking that voters shouldn't have to wait in long lines to vote because a party of shitty racists made up some nonsense about election fraud which--despite it being demonstrably false--they continue to harp on. And not for nothing, but  isn't the official Texas GOP position that COVID a big hoax perpetrated by Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez and, I don't know, the Gay agenda? 

"Not all voters, that would be unfair.
Just the ones voting democratic."
-The Texas GOP
It's 20goddamn22. You can files your taxes and renew your driver's license by mail, hell, you can even do both of these things online. What possible reason would the Texas GOP have to make it harder to vote other than the fact that when it's easier to vote more people do it and Republicans do more poorly? And just to be clear, it's the right that calls the left un-American. Just...who is this add even for? I mean, obviously it's for Republicans, but what's wrong with these people? Like, the ones that look at this dumb Tweet and say "Damn right! Voters should have to wait in long lines. Because democracy!"

I'll tell you what's wrong with them: they're fascists. Or autocrats. Or autocratic fascists--look, I don't know, I'm not a political scientist. All I know is that the Republican Party has gone from those dicks who refused to move on from the 1950's to a serious threat to democracy. 
"Yeah, but if everyone gets a vote, how are we cis, straight, white, 
conservative males, supposed to maintain our outsized political 
influence and stranglehold on power? By having better ideas?" 
-Governor Gregg Abbott. Actual quote.*

*ok, technically not an actual quote, but what about it is inaccurate?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment