Friday, October 2, 2020

Magnanimity!

Ok, it knows some bounds, I
did just say I hope they all go to jail.
I wish them all a safe and speedy recovery. Yeah, I genuinely mean that. Don't get me wrong, I am revolted by the President's greed, narcism, misogyny, racism, pettiness, fecklessness, open courting of white supremacists, divisiveness, deliberate sabotage of our government and our democratic institutions and general criminality, and it is my fervent hope that the entire administration will find itself out of a job in January, and where appropriate, facing charges. But I hope they recover from COVID. Yes, my magnanimity knows no bounds.

But for real, I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone, not even the President, not even his advisors. Anyway, wishing even your worst enemy well is what Jesus said to do, right? I mean, when he wasn't railing against gays and extolling the virtues of unfettered capitalism?
Wait, did he rail against gays and extoll the virtues of unfettered capitalism?
Or am I confusing him with the skewed, self-serving version America's political
right uses to convince their base that they have their best interests at heart when
really they're just playing them like an all-fiddle orchestra of ignorance?

No comments:

Post a Comment