Sunday, February 12, 2012

Westward Stranger Fiction

Try not to get any on your skin.
I have once again made the trek across country towards the sunnier, yet somewhat more earthquakey shores of California and again I made the drive solo. By myself. Alone in the car with my thoughts for 43 hours. It was (as I've mentioned before) pretty bo-ring, although the highlight of the drive was far and away this cologne dispenser in the men's room at a Love's in Ohio (see right). For ¢25 this wall mounted de-stankifier will hose you down with 'exquisite replicas' of leading man-romas.


A close second to trucker Fabreeze was seeing Bumblebee getting repoed.
HATE you.
While I took a different route from last time, there still wasn't much to do except read billboards and get angry at other drivers. Speaking of which, why is it that when I'm in the right lane on an otherwise empty interstate there's always some jackass doing 90 who has to get within inches of my rear bumper, sit there for fully 30 seconds before sliding over to the passing lane and going around me? I hate this person. If you are this person, stop doing this. I hate you.

You know, going by the billboards alone, you get a kind of skewed view of our priorities as a people. The most common road sign themes seemed to be fireworks, knives, Jesus and Ron Paul, which is odd since I didn't think he believed in roads.
It was three days of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment