Thursday, October 27, 2016

Or we could just stick with the plan...

"...I'm just thinking to myself, we should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump right? What are we even having it for? What are we having it for?

-Donald Trump speaking about himself in the 
third person without the slightest hint of irony
I guess it's the kind of thing you can only say when you're
surrounded by people chanting your name and waving signs that
say 'you' for President. Any other time you'd just look crazy.
"Losing and terrible? Get in line, Donald."
-Gary Johnson, the one your
grandpa will vote for out of disgust
Yeah, that was today at a rally in Toledo and to be clear, of course he was kidding. I mean, I don't give him a lot of credit, but I'm sure he understands that the reason we have elections is because we're not Saudi Arabia. And even if there was some constitutional mechanism by which we could call the election early-huh? I don't know, maybe if one of the candidates turns out to be a couple of kids stacked up and wearing a big coat? Whatever. But wouldn't we give it to whomever was ahead in the polls or something? Like we certainly wouldn't give it to the one who's behind and terrible. 

But since the presidency doesn't have a 'buy it now' button like some kind of electoral eBay auction, I think we should just to go ahead and stick with the plan. 
Yes, the ridiculous, cumbersome, barely representative plan that only like
half of us turn out for, but at least it's better than just give it to Trump, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment