Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Breaking News: Elderly Rich Man Unhappy About Paying Taxes

Hey, remember Donald Rumsfeld? He was the Secretary of Defense during the Bush administration, you know, the one with all the wars? Well he's back and he's angry with the IRS. So angry that he's written them a scathing letter outlining his frustration with how our tax system is like super complicated...if you're worth $15 million.
"Like most Americans, I am sick and tired of trying to figure out which
form to fill out to report income from the sale of my second beach house."
He went on to complain about the rap
music and how the youngsters are
wearing their dungarees too low.
"As in prior years, it is important for you to know that I have absolutely no idea whether our tax returns and our tax payments are accurate. I say this despite the fact that I am a college graduate and I try hard to make sure our tax returns are accurate...This note is to alert you folks that I do not know whether or not my tax returns are accurate..." 

-Donald Rumsfeld,
suddenly giving a shit about 
providing accurate information

Looks like Don will have to do his taxes with
the accountants he has, not the accountants
he might want or wishes he had at the time
.
Seriously, read the letter and count the number of times he says that he doesn't know if he's done his taxes correctly. I know what you're thinking: he's rich, he should hire an accountant. Well get this: he did hire an accountant and he even says that he thinks they know what they're doing. Alright, cool, so what's he still complaining about? Got me. I think he just likes complaining. I mean, this guy basically ran two simultaneous wars, shouldn't he be able to figure out which boxes to check on a -yeah...I think I just answered my own question. 

Anyway, since congress actually writes the tax code and not the underpaid federal employee at the IRS who's going to have to read his angry old man letter, I'm not really clear on what he hoped to accomplish by writing and then posting it to his Twitter page which is coincidentally wallpapered with the cover of his book, Rumsfeld's Rules: Leadership Lessons in Business, Politics, War and Life. Available now on Amazon.com...oh, now I get it.
Judging from the title, I'm going to assume that it's a cautionary tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment