Monday, June 17, 2019

Maybe people just don't like him that much?

So I don't want to tell anyone how to run their crazy train, but the President knows that political polls don't work like Dungeons and Dragons right? Like, you can't just re-roll your poll numbers because your half-drow thief wound up with shitty dexterity. Ok, I'm losing the thread of my analogy, but I think the point stands.
Pictured: A typical day at Harris Insights and Analytics, a political polling firm
that-huh? Oh, sorry, I guess this is just some people playing D&D...I get them confused
sometimes. Although, I did think the Orc likability numbers were kinda soft...
Honestly though, does anyone think
he's not ending up in prison some day?
I mention this because the Trump campaign recently-you know, tangent here, but is it weird that the Trump campaign has been a thing for like five years? Like, don't campaigns usually end once the election happens? It seems like since taking office the President has spent whatever time he isn't  golfing or tweeting about how great at presidenting he is, he's been holding campaign rallies. Rallies where thousands of Kool-aide drunk be-MAGA hated white dudes are still chanting 'lock her up.'

I don't remember Obama doing anything like that. I mean, what gives?
"Huh, I don't know, maybe it's because I was a way
better President?
 Also, I won the popular vote. Twice."
-Our previous President
Oh...I get it. He's emotionally crippled
and needs the slobbering adulation of his
supporters to validate him as a person.
Sorry, where were we? Right, the campaign fired a couple polling companies after some of their data leaked that showed that rather that sailing to an easy victory based on how great America is now and how much justice he totally didn't obstruct you guys, he might actually face some competition from Democrats. Bad look right? Like it looks like he fired them because they were telling him things he doesn't want to hear. And we know from the aforementioned rallies how much Trump needs people to tell him how great he is.

Of course the spin is that they were fired because in this White House, leaks won't be tolerated. Which, I know. Since when, right?, Anyway which sounds more like Trump to you? Someone who runs a super-tight administration that quickly and with surgical precision eliminates any element that may lead to a breach of security? Or a guy whose polling poorly and so he threw a tantrum and fired everyone who's math he didn't like?
Now before you answer, I remind you that this is a President who once sent the Press
Secretary out to lie to us about how tarps made it look like no one came to the inauguration.
Oh, and who also made up some nonsense about how three million people illegally voted
for Hillary Clinton and that if you don't count them, he totally won the popular vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment