Monday, March 20, 2023

That time I got double blue shelled...

Did you know that you can get COVID twice? Well, ok, of course you did, lots of people got it twice. It's been around for years now, and some people have had it three or even four times. But did you know that you can get it twice in six weeks?
"Yes, everyone knows that."
-everyone
I know I'm ascribing a lot to a bunch of
proteins that are arguably no even alive,
but give me a break...I'm stuffy.
Well you can. I did. I do. Have it. Again I mean. I caught it back at the beginning of February and for a few days it was brutal--wait--sorry, that's probably COVID privilege talking. Is that a thing? Whatever, the point is I didn't die. I mean, obviously I didn't die form it, and truth be told, I've had worse flus. But I probably don't have to tell you it sucked. It was by no means the mild cold I was expecting after all the vaccinations and boosters, but the virus, as viruses are want to do, evolves and adapts and is relentless and just waiting for you to let your guard down. 

Just say it, you know you want to.
Viruses are like the Borg, but phlegm-based. And before a couple of months ago, I thought I'd lucked out. The case numbers were down and continuing to go down, people, even paranoid, overly-cautious people like myself were easing off the masks, and it seemed like it was finally going away. But then, just as the finish line was in sight, boom, blue shell.* And emboldened by having made it through one round, I thought I could relax, secure in my three to six month resistance an infection is supposed to give one. But you know what they say about resistance.

So then boom, blue shelled again. It's not nearly as bad as the first time, but have you ever been blue shelled twice in one race in Mario Kart? It's not a good feeling. I know it's just dumb luck, and that there's always a mathematical change of catching one at the last second, still though, you can't help but feel like it had it in for you. COVID I mean, not the blue shell. But that too. Look, it's just a metaphor, alright? Like I said, I'm stuffy.
Pictured: basically me about to get blue shelled.


*it's the spiky blue turtle shell in Mario Kart that seeks out whomever is ahead and blows them up. What, you don't play Mario Kart?

No comments:

Post a Comment