Monday, November 4, 2019

Now who's the snowflake, Bob?

I just want to be super clear about something because I'm out of touch and don't always keep up with the Twitter Books and MyPages, but it's ok to say boomer, right? I ask because noted racist shitheel and boomer, Bob Lonsberry, who incidentally used to have a conservative talk show in my hometown of Rochester, NY, recently Tweeted that boomer is the n-word of ageism. No really, this is a comparison he made. It looks like he took it down, but this is the internet, and nothing's ever really gone:
First of all, no one says "flip" anymore. Secondly, the n-word is the
n-word of racism. This is just a thin-skinned boomer who doesn't
like it when he's not the one making broad generalizations. 
These men are boomers. I rest my case.
So look, I'm not saying ageism is ok. At all. Not all boomers. Sure, fine, whatever. But when you look at who, on balance, is saying and doing a lot of the worst shit right now, a lot of them are boomers, right? Especially white male boomers. White male boomers like, say, Bob Lonsberry who, as I mentioned before, is himself an Omega-level racist and probably shouldn't be taken seriously when he opines about what is and what is not just like the n-word. Huh? I didn't mention how racist he is?

"Why's everyone so sensitive? I mean, I
didn't invent racism, I'm just keeping it alive."
Well he is. Like, professionally. Back in 2003, Rochester's then Mayor, Bill Johnson, who is black, was running for Country Executive. Then, an orangutan escaped from the local zoo and Lonsberry had this to say on his dumb racist show:

"-a monkey's on the loose again, and he's running for County Executive."

-Bob Lonsberry, racist boomer
and talk show host

"Climate change? Sounds like your
problem. We'll be long dead!"
-Boomers
Get it? Because racism? See what I mean? Anyway Lonsberry's all butt hurt that the kids are saying "Ok, Boomer." So some context, the phrase is used as a response to boomers who complain that millennials are lazy, entitled and easy offended. Which is a weird thing to say. Like, the millennials I know (I'm a xenial of course, but solidarity, right?) are working multiple shitty jobs because they're all drowning in debt and unsustainable rents and soon, thanks to inaction on climate change, sea water. All because people born between 1946 and 1964 made terrible choices when it comes to voting.

But sure, let's talk about the hip and flip 20-somethings who are hurting Bob Lonsberry's feelings. So to him and anyone leaping to his defense I say: boomer. Boomer, boomer, boomer, boomer.
Boomer.


p.s. Ha! Even the dictionary is making fun of him. What a boomer...


No comments:

Post a Comment