Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Toady in wishful thinking...

So just because Justin Trudeau is Canadian and the Prime Minister of Canada, does that mean we can't have him as our President? Constitutionally speaking...yes? But then I'm not a constitutional scholar, so who knows?
Above: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
perfectly expressing how we all feel.
Pictured: Micheal Flynn, inexplicably
not being hauled away in handcuffs.
National Security Adviser Mike Flynn resigned last night after it came out that he lied to VP Mike Pence and (technically the) President Trump about talking to Russian ambassador, Sergey Kislyak back in December. Apparently he told Kislyak to go ahead and ignore the sanctions President Obama was leveling against Russia for interfering in our election because they guy they helped elect would just go ahead and lift them any. Holy shit. I mean, holy shit. How are all of them not in jail right now?

If you were to travel back in time 4 months
and show this to me, I'd believe your time
machine was real before I'd buy the photo.
And then I'd take up drinking. Full time.
So what'd he lie about? Apparently he didn't tell the administration about being BFF's with Vladimir Putin, but, you know, didn't he? We don't know. This might just be me imagining the worst in these people because during the campaign and up though these last few weeks Trump's people have been, what's the phrase? Living, shit-spewing examples of everything wrong with America? And high on schadenfreude, I'm just waiting with gleeful anticipation for the whole thing to come crashing down upon his butterscotch coiffured head. 

I know I keep harping on this but remember
when we elected her and swore in Trump? Yeah...
And to be clear, I'm not saying I want America, as a thing, to fail, I just want to see the Trump administration get what's coming to it. Which is to say an embarrassing scandal from which they'll never recover, mass resignations and a recall election in which we put someone competent in office. Like, say Hillary Clinton, whom most of us voted for anyway or maybe Elizabeth Warren who's just the best. Will it happen? Of course not. 

Oh, you heard me.
Yes, Russia interfered in our election and even if the Trump campaign didn't have a hand in it, they still gleefully accepted the tainted results and lied to us about inauguration attendance and imaginary, illegal voters, and are now in a perfect position to not investigate themselves for all the treason they committed. All this brings me back to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Crazy? Yes and it's super-illegal to have the head of a foreign government take an active role in American politics, but may I direct your attention to what's going on right now?

Besides, there is historical precent. When Queen Elizabeth I died without an heir, James VI of Scotland came in and became James I of England as well. He was a double king. So I say, let's put out some feelers and see what we can work out with our neighbors to the north. Let's hear it for President Justin Trudeau! 
More like President Dreamboat...

No comments:

Post a Comment