Saturday, October 21, 2023

Today in making this awkward:

Sorry, I've been super buys recently and haven't had a chance to update this--huh? You hadn't noticed? Wow. Ok, cool. Well, anyway, I've been busy working on a musical. 
Move over Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark!
Governor Ron DeSantis, seen here looking
sad because everything's so woke, and
pronouns are hard, and nobody likes him.
A sci-fi musical, because of course it is. And you can go see it now! Well, not now, tonight and next weekend, and I'm sorry, I don't mean to advertise at you, but it's taken up most of my free time these past few weeks and months, and I guess I feel bad for neglecting this blog and depriving my ones of readers of my opinions about the aesthetics of video game consoles, or which red state governor is the worst human (it's still DeSantis), and I just felt the need to explain my absence. I usually post like ten times a month, and I think this one makes five.

Look at these folks! Now, imagine 
what we could do with a budget.
It feels like I didn't do a school assignment or something, and now I'm making excuses about how our space musical ate my homework. And to make matters worse, I've thrown an awkward sales pitch into the mix. And for that I am truly sorry. See it, don't see it. I don't care. Wait, that's a lie, I actually do care because we could really use the ticket sales...ugh...I hate this self-promotion thing, so maybe come see it? If it helps, the show is a fund raiser for a local non-profit arts organization that provides support and a venue for performing artists in Santa Cruz.

Also, the plot, such as it is, is about an evil corporation that tries to exploit an alien life form for profit and--huh? Um...yeah, it is kind of similar to the movie Aliens. But did the characters in Aliens sing? Ok, look, it's like the old adage: amateurs borrow, other amateurs steal. And don't worry, I wrote none of the music. We have an actual composer for that. 
In Aliens the evil businessman is called Carter, while our evil
businessman is called Carson. See? Totally original.



No comments:

Post a Comment