Monday, November 18, 2013

Today in Baldwins who need to stop talking...

"Mmm...homophobic..."
"I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words but clearly I have-and for that I am deeply sorry...What I said this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable."


-Alec Baldwin, noted actor 


Maybe he could get one of his brothers
to act as a decoy, like a stunt Baldwin.
I mean, what else are they doing?
Ok, I think Alec Baldwin did intend to hurt and offend someone: a photographer named Carlo Allegri, who, in fairness, was shoving a camera in the actor's face. Of course, this begs the question why is Allegri so desperate to get pictures of Alec Baldwin? Do we really need more pictures of him? I mean he's on TV, or at least was until this, so we know what he looks like. Also, the he's probably a little edgy after the recent stalker thing, so maybe it's a little understandable that people chasing him and his family around with a camera kind of pisses him off.

Incidentally, when will he be
issuing an apology for that one?
But what does any of this have to do with gay people? Is Alec Baldwin just a raging homophobe? Maybe? I don't know, I'd like to think not, I think he's pretty funny when he's not spewing a steady stream of anti-gay vitriol, but it's hard to tell anymore when every couple of weeks he starts going off on the LGBT community like he's using the Westboro Baptist Church protest signs as cue cards. And even if he really doesn't hate gays, he is still a tremendous dick for rolling out homophobic slurs on Allegri. I mean, I know he made The Shadow, but he's not an idiot, and he should goddamn know better. It just makes him the asshole no matter how right he is. Don't get me wrong, Baldwin should absolutely be calling Allegri all kinds of horrible things, it's just that there is no reason to trash gay people in the process. The English language is rich with insults, and if you put a little thought into it, you can easily tailor-fit the perfect invective for any occasion.

Shit-merchant. Human-parasite. Fuck-stick. See? Those are all excellent things to call celebrity photographers and they don't hurt anybody but the intended target. It's the difference between a surgical strike and carpet bombing.
Above: Fuck-sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment