Saturday, September 25, 2010

Magneto was right*

Phew, that was close, we almost
struck a blow for equality there.


This past week John McCain and Senate Republicans (and 2 Democrats, deep shame on them) delivered a punch in the face to gays serving openly in the military. Now they did this because, uh...well I don't know, because they're jerks. Yes, he's a war hero, and I respect that, but he's also a jerk.





Mwahaha!
This comes just a month after same-sex marriage in California was put on hold (after prop 8 was overturned) in order to give homophobes more time to come up with more of their bullshit about how 9/11 was God's punishment for gays and how same sex marriage will lead to hot man-horse action. Like for real. There isn't a single argument against gay marriage that isn't based on fear, ignorance or an interpretation of the Bible (usually all three: I call it biblical fignorance). I'm not saying that people aren't entitled to their opinions, I'm just asking that we stop pretending that being against equality is a valid position.

Not it isn't. It's apt. Apt!


I, par example, don't like Grey's Anatomy. It's just not for me. I don't think that this opinion makes me morally superior to Grey's Anatomy fans. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean I should lead a crusade to get their marriages annulled, or take their children away. Now, I know what your thinking: "Say, that's a false analogy!" But think about this: There are just as many legitimate studies showing that gay marriages hurt society as there are studies indicating that Grey's Anatomy fans should be sterilized. Fact.



The worst part is, I don't think most people in office really care about who's serving openly in what or who's marrying whom. They care about yacthing and stock portfolios. But since only 2% of the population gives a crap about these things they need to fill out their ranks of supporters by pretending to be against civil rights and evolution.

We believe in repealing the estate tax, smaller government and that
climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the gays and Nancy Pelosi.  

Looks like someone's wearing
 a watch. Bad move McCain!




*also, he's gay (at least in the movies) and could totally kick John McCain's ass, and probably should. I'd pay a lot to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment